Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homebrewing a Baby is Awesome

Hey all,
I got to catch Judevine Elijah Morgan-Weintraub on Saturday night as he came shooting out of my wife. It was awesome. We have been building towards a homebirth throughout the pregnancy, but the little guy was bumping up against two weeks overdue, which was starting to limit our options.

On Friday morning when we visited the midwife, she told us that the baby was higher up than our last visit. It was pretty discouraging. So we ate mexican food. And Kristen's water broke. Just like that.

I won't go all daddy blogger on you here, but it was a pretty amazing experience. I got to be in the birth pool, catch the little guy when he came out, and cut the chord. No long drive home from the hospital, no intrusive nurses, just me, Kristen, our daughter, my mother, and Judevine. Amazing.

More later. I'm tired.

But seriously, be careful about eating mexican food.

4 comments:

  1. Ha love the name. It's about as complicated as mine (http://bit.ly/dAxT9I). Congrats, Aaron! So psyched for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, man! For us, it was Italian food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats man. Awesome for you and your family. That whole intrusive nurse thing is a pain while in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete